Monday, February 20, 2012

All in a day...

While mommy takes her guilty conscience to work every morning, looks like Master Luka does just fine at home.  His schedule usually goes something like this:

Luka practices his 'cruising' skills in Adrian's
play pen.
06h30 - wake up, daddy changes his nappy - then he hops into bed with mommy for a breastfeed while daddy makes breakfast for both of us
07h15 - after playing in bed, mommy and Luka gets up, mommy hops in the shower, Luka keeps me company (which generally means him pounding on the floor drain in the bathroom) then unpacking the bottom shelf of my closet where I store my belts and other accessories, while I get ready for work
07h30 - Mommy feeds Luka breakfast
07h45 - Michelle, Luka's nanny, shows up - throws his laundry in, tidies up, then takes over feeding while I eat breakfaste
08h00 - (or thereabouts ;) I leave for the office)

rest of the morning - Michelle reads a few books to him, they play in his playroom, and eventually, when his late-sleeping neighbor Adrian wakes up, they either head over there for a play, or Adrian comes here.

mid-morning Luka naps, then lunch time mommy comes home - it used to be for breastfeeding, now I feed him his regular lunch.  We usually have 20 minutes or so that I get to play with him in his playroom.

mid-afternoon Luka takes another nap, perhaps have a play-date again back and forth with Adrian, go for a stroller ride with Adrian, chase Gus, play in the playroom.

Then mommy comes home and we either go for a walk, a swim, or we play together in the room.


So all in all, yes, I do, from time to time, feel mortified for not spending every waking moment with him - then I see his progress, development, happiness, sociability - and my sanity, and I remember why I work and try to convince myself I am not 'damaging' my child... ;)

When not climbing mountaintops in his Chariot Ferrari,
Luka likes to cruise town in his more fuel efficient hybrid
Chicco umbrella stroller. 




1 comment:

  1. Well, he is such a content baby. He doesnt seem to suffer at all with mommy working! He has a more hectic schedule than his ouma!

    Love
    Ouma

    ReplyDelete