Friday, August 5, 2011

Breaking News: Luka Sleeps for a Six!

Those familiar with the gentlemen's game of cricket would know that scoring a six is the single highest score that can be attained from a single delivery to a ball, if that ball crosses the boundary without bouncing first.  The six runs are automatically added to the batsman's score, and the ball is dead.  Well, for parents of infants, you will also know that scoring a six in sleeping is a huge milestone, as it generally means you surpassed the witching hour of approximately 1am without having to get up, feed, and pray that the bub goes back to sleep instead of squealing in excitement for having caught a glimpse of his tired mommy's face in the nightlight.  And so it is that our lovely Luka did just that last night!  When we fed at 22:00, he went straight back to sleep, and didn't stir until, get this, 03:58....!!  I am loathe to admit that his daddy woke up at 1am, 2am and 3am to check and saw that he was peacefully asleep...as was his mommy.

Way to go Luka! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan
    You sent an sms to me with this big milestone! I have so many pics on my BB that I actually got a message on BB saying my inbox is full. Maybe they are referring to all my pics of Luka as well as my other grandchildren, the Bassett dogs Bella and Daisy!

    Love
    Skoonma and Ouma (the same person of course!)

    ReplyDelete