Saturday, November 12, 2011

Breathtaking

Exhibit A
If you are a keen gardener (or lucky enough to receive flowers from your loved one) you will know 'baby's breath' as a tiny white flower often used as filler. If you are a new parent, you will likely associate 'baby's breath' with the sweet sound and breastmilky (also somewhat sweet) smell of your bubba's rhythmic breathing, and pretty much think it is the most beautiful sound/smell on earth.

Another familiar type of 'breath' is of course, the oft feared garlic breath (and yes, apparently there is a website called www.garlicbreath.org) which, if you are a foodie, like us would generally indicate an enjoyable meal in the near past, of if your olfactory factory is in overdrive, like my dad, it would just mean a nosy nuisance for days after the calories of the cheesy garlic bread has made themselves at home on the hips of the diner.

Exhibit B
Today, I would like to present to you the latest in breath technology - a hybrid of the above mentioned breath classes.  Behold, baby garlic breath or perhaps garlic baby breath?  That's right - imagine my surprise one sunny lunch hour when I made the trip back home to breastfeed Luka, and while burping him as per normal, his burb comes out smelling like GARLIC!  I had to take a serious double-take and then realized this is foodie daddy cooking up a storm for him, which this week included delicacies such as "Carrots with Garlic" (Exhibit B) and "Broccoli with Basil".  Trust me, when I got home, I myself wanted to sit down for the mushy goodness coming out of Daddy's Test Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment